Well! To say I was shocked, and a little bit overwhelmed is an understatement! I don’t think I’ve ever been nominated for anything – especially not for my waffle!
Thank you so very much to The F Word, a great lady, and a great blog – a must read if you’re looking for inspiration!
The purpose of the award, which you are nominated for, is to encourage others to discover new blogs that they may find interesting & to congratulate other bloggers for their hard work and to share their blogs in order to boost traffic to their site – although I’m hardly going to boost much as I have very few followers 😂
If you are nominated and accept, you then list 10 random facts about yourself, answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you, then nominate other bloggers that inspire you, and set questions for them to answer! I think that’s it anyway.
So here goes!
10 random facts!
- I hate doing lists about myself – I never think I can find enough interesting facts about me to do a list.
- I’ve been married 24 years and we have a 20 year old son. They are my life, and my support, and my inspiration.
- I’m the proud owner of just one kidney, after losing my other one when I was in hospital in 2016
- I’m a systems analyst and internal auditor – a very posh title for a spreadsheet geek! And I love my job.
- March 2018,I will have worked for the same company for 30 years
- I can’t drive
- I love food. So very much, which is why I’m the size I am now.
- I am stubborn. I don’t like anything getting the better of me.
- Im a positive soul, very annoyingly so sometimes, but it’s my stubborn streak & positivity that got me out of hospital alive so I’m not complaining
- I love running. It is my passion. I started in 2006,after never doing anything athletic or sporty in my life and I was hooked. It’s my escape from the real world, it’s my freedom, my thinking time, and I miss it so much.
Answers to the questions set!
1. What inspires you to blog about your chosen subject? In October 2016, I was seriously ill and my life changed forever. I spent 9 weeks in hospital doing a dying swan impression, and was finally diagnosed with Lupus. Putting down my thoughts & struggles & how I deal with all the crap, helps it all make sense to me.
2. How old would you choose to be if you didn’t know how old you are? I’m more than happy being 48 years old. I’ve always been happy with my age, as each different time brings with it something new to challenge me and enjoy.
3. If you had an opportunity to get a message across to a large audience, what would it be? Stay positive! Be as positive as you can! Always try to find that one positive! It’s got me through a lot of stuff with a smile on my face
4. What would you do differently if you knew no-one would judge you? I have no idea how to answer this one. I honestly don’t think I would do anything different.
5. Have you done anything lately worth remembering? I don’t lead a particularly exciting life, getting up every morning and going to work is exciting as it gets. And as I struggle with my memory now, it would be hard for me to remember anyway 😂
6. If you could start all over again, would you? Definitely not. My life is what has made me into me, changing anything, no matter how small, could lead to so many things changing! Have you seen Back to the Future????
7. What activities make you lose all track of time? Running – without a doubt! I haven’t run properly for about 16 months, but that was always my escape. I am trying to get back to it, very slowly! I miss it so much!
8. If you had to teach me one thing, what would it be? Take each day as it comes. You truly don’t know what tomorrow will bring, so enjoy everything.
9. When was the last thing you tried something new? Recently I was talking to a friend who wants to be an internet sensation & I decided to give it a go too just to see what all the fuss was about. I now have over 700 followers on Instagram looking at pictures of my food. All very odd. And not something I think will last but long, but it’s a bit of fun at the moment.
10. Time or money? I would love more time, so I could live life at my speed, and enjoy my free time more.
And now for my nominations
The three ladies I’m nominating are all hugely inspirational. Each one started their blog as a health, fitness, weight loss blog, and all 3 have bared their souls, and it’s been a pleasure & delight reading about their struggles and successes and their feelings.
1. Lorn Pearson Trains…
Lorn was the very first blog I discovered, before I knew what a blog was. I’ve really enjoyed following her life these last few years, and she has inspired me, and made me smile, and also made me cry a few time reading about her tough times
Another truly inspirational lady. I’ve been following Michelle – such a lovely name – for about a year now. If memory serves me right, it was a year after her gastric bypass. It’s been wonderful getting to know her, and now following her training for a marathon.
3. Paula’s Weight loss Journey
Paula has only just recently started her blog, and I’ve only recently got to know her from work, and from following her amazing transformation through Facebook and Instagram. She is truly a beast. I’m really looking forward to getting to know her better.
And finally – 10 questions for my nominated few
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What one thing would you change about your life if you could?
3. What makes you smile?
4. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
5. Favourite all time film?
6. What scares you?
7. Who is your hero?
8. Favourite season?
9. Cat or Dog
10. What are your long term goals?
Thank you ever so much for taking time to read this – very long – post, and for taking part.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I – surprisingly- did